Thursday, March 7, 2013

Faith, Hope, and Love


I've started on a new quest - finding antique wax seal stamps containing religious images. This is the first one added to my collection, and I love it!

The cross in the center represents faith, the anchor on the left represents hope, and the flaming heart represents love.  I have found out that these three attributes are called the "Theological Virtues of the Church".  I knew they were important in church teaching and Christian living, of course, but didn't realize that they had a special title!

Here is my attempt at defining them:
Faith:  Belief and trust in God and His mercy.
Hope:  Expecting to receive, while trusting in God's will, without giving in to despair or giving up.
Love:  Selfless, unconditional giving of oneself through Christ's example.

I've used this antique stamp to make a pendant in fine silver, and I've had a great time wearing it around town.  I've just added it to my shop and am anxious to see if people love it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice! Remember, God is watching!